If you want to accomplish anything, you have to aim high, so here are some of my goals.
Personal Life / Family
- Raise a family. (started)
- Own a home. I'd like to eventually help design my own home. I'd like for the house to be completely self-sustaining in terms of heating, cooling, and electricity. I also want to have a nice, large Japanese-style ornamental garden with two or more water gardens, a stream, waterfall, and many miniature trees (like bonsai, but not necessarily in pots).
Health & Fitness
- Continue exercising and reach my optimal fitness level
- Live to be at least 130. This has been my goal since I was about 14. It's not as far-fetched as it may sound if you consider the advances that will likely be made in the next few decades.
Academic & Professional
- Get a job that allows me to continue learning while living comfortably.
- Get more experience with machine learning / statistics / data mining / artificial intelligence.
- Study differential geometry in more depth; practice until I master the subject.
- Learn more about computational general relativity.
- Study quantum field theory in more depth.
- Publish more research papers.
- Make GSnap into a respected open source project.
- Make a significant contribution to science in the form of a discovery or the development of a new theory, algorithm, useful technique, or software application.
- Write several books.
- Earn my own entry in Wikipedia—rather than creating one for myself, as some people do.
- See a total solar eclipse (most likely this one: Solar eclipse of August 21, 2017)
- Become licensed to fly a plane.
- Visit every continent on Earth.
- Travel beyond Earth's atmosphere.
- I hope to live to see the day when humans finally begin to move beyond the archaic, counter-productive, money-based economy.